• Celebrates the diversity of the bird life in our local region.
• Celebrates the annual return of the godwits to Ohiwa Harbour
• Showcases the local groups who are involved with sustaining and or improving bird habitats.
• Promotes some of the unique features of Whakatane and the Eastern Bay.
The BIRDSaPLENTY Festival has activities that will appeal to
• All age groups -young and old, school children and adults
• Different interest groups from art lovers and trampers, to conservationists and adult learners
• Locals and visitors to the region